Typesetter

For all the wierd and funky stuff.
TimmyCay
Type-Setter

Typesetter

Post by TimmyCay »

Name: TimmyCay
Reason: I'd like to see the series completed, both for me and others. I've been reading the manga since it was first released by mediabasters and followed the scanlations efforts closely for while. I read you guys were looking for a typesetter and with only one class left to finish my CIS bachelors I have a good amount of free time.
Previous Experience: I don't actually have any previous experience typesetting manga, but I certainly should have the technical skills to do it. I've been using photoshop for around 7 years personally and have taken graphic design courses using it in both high school and college. I'd be more than happy to do some sample work if you'd like.
LeviathanX
Site Admin

Re: Typesetter

Post by LeviathanX »

Sounds great; I hope you'll stay if we decide on you.

I've attached a snippet from the upcoming second chapter of volume 14. Don't bother with the unclean pages. Miguelsz usually cleans them before the typesetter gets it. The chapter is not yet proofread, so the grammar still might be a bit off, shouldn't bother you either ;)

It contains different types of bubbles (screams, whisper, title page, normal text, a load of text). We'd like to see how you manage them.

Please download the attachment and upload it again once you're finished.
TimmyCay
Type-Setter

Post by TimmyCay »

All done. The 2nd page took me awhile to finish, but I'm fairly satisfied with it.
LeviathanX
Site Admin

Post by LeviathanX »

Oh, I like it! It looks clean and you put the massive text load well into the small bubbles.
The chosen font is quite right as well.

If miguelsz approves too then you're in!

Chapter 14 is ready to be set in stone. Therefore you'd have your first job right away!
miguelsz2
Cleaner

Post by miguelsz2 »

I... Approve. For now there isn't anything to typeset as I've yet to clean the chapter so just wait a bit yah?
We all suffer the same pains and we all feel the same pleasures.

Fight those who are willing to oppress you, Respect those who are willing to lead you.